Five Senses Spa and Salon opened it's doors in June 2006.
|Jan||Serious Business Conference in New Orleans, LA.|
|Feb||“Jeans for Teens” collection for Jack and Jill of America.|
|Mar||3/24: “Ponytails for a Purpose” at Ridgeview, with 12 participants.
Spoil a Survivor Drawing
Since we opened in 2006, Five Senses Spa and Salon has been offering a unique kind of care to guests experiencing hair loss during their cancer journey. Five Senses offers wigs and hair extensions, along with ways to address eyebrows, eyelashes, nail and skin concerns during and after treatments. With compassion and expertise, we will help renew confidence for men, women and children going through their cancer journey.
During October’s National Breast Cancer Awareness month, Five Senses Spa and Salon is partnering up with Susan G. Komen Memorial to “Spoil A Survivor!” Nominate a breast cancer survivor that you know by submitting the form below, for their chance to be pampered for a day at Five Senses.
Five Senses Spa and Salon is proud to help change the face of beauty! Our photo shoot celebrated the visual differences of all people, and it asks the question... Which One Is Different? We had fun working with the children, along with the wonderful hair and make-up talents from the Five Senses Spa and Salon staff. We are lucky to work with Teresa Blunier and her ability to capture priceless moments.
The inspiration came from Katie Driscoll's wonderful organization, Changing the Face of Beauty. Her mission is to encourage the integration of individuals with disabilities into general advertising and the media. We were further touched by the beautiful song by the Maloof Sisters, Markie and Micheline Maloof.
- Adam. We introduce to you Adam, a handsome little boy that loves Elvis and is a dancing machine! Adam is one of the children that will be drawing a lucky winner to win a spa treatment from Five Senses! Watch, Like, Comment, Share this Facebook post to help spread awareness.
- Which One Is Different?
Catered to children ages 5-18, Kids Konnected is a support program that meets under the leadership of professionals to provide support, friendship, and education to children whose parents, grandparents, or caregivers have or had cancer.
Ponytails for a Purpose
Click here to view stories about Five Senses Spa and Salon, and learn what makes our sanctuary one of the most popular hair salons and spas in Peoria, IL.
- Père Marquette Wedding Fashion Shoot April 2014 on Vimeo and YouTube
- Guest Testimonials August 2012 on YouTube
- Melissa - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2007 April 2014 on YouTube
- Crystal - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2012 April 2014 on YouTube
- Caitlin - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2012 April 2014 on YouTube
- Lauren - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2010 April 2014 on YouTube
- Danielle - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2013 April 2014 on YouTube
- Announcing our first "Top 200 Spa and Salon in North America" award to staff December 2011 on Facebook
- Local spa makes it in the top 200 in North America January 14, 2015 on NBC WEEK-25
- Bright Side: Students collect plastic caps for Earth Day April 22, 2014 on NBC WEEK-25
- TAPS Animal Shelter December 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Breast cancer event promotes hope and strength October 26, 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Hope, Skip & Jump October 18, 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Five Senses Spa and Salon Receives National Award February 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Children Helping Children Through Hair Cuts January 6, 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Five Senses Gives $500 to Community Charity August 14, 2011 on NBC WEEK-25
- Local Salon Celebrates 5 Years By "Paying It Forward" August 14, 2011 on CBS WMBD-31
- Local Spa Gives Back June 21, 2011 on NBC WEEK-25
- Peoria Business Giving Back For Their Anniversary June 17, 2011 on CBS WMBD-31
- St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway Prize Winners April 11, 2011 on NBC WEEK-25
- Dream Home, Dream Spa Rewards February 17, 2011 on NBC WEEK-25
- Haircut for Hope November 9, 2010 on NBC WEEK-25
- Five Senses Collects Hair for Oil Spills April 2010 on NBC WEEK-25
- Donating Hair Can Make a Difference for Cancer Patients March 2010 on NBC WEEK-25
- Our You News Breast Cancer Survivor Recipient October 2008 on NBC WEEK-25
- Try it On For the Cure September 2008 on NBC WEEK-25
- Friday Night Breast Cancer Awareness September 2008 on NBC WEEK-25
- Buddy Check 25 July 2008 on NBC WEEK-25
- St. Jude Dream Home Winners July 2007 on NBC WEEK-25
- Area support groups let patients and survivors help each other April 30, 2011 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Teams: The secret weapon against breast cancer April 2011 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Winners in the 2011 St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway April 2011 in in the Peoria Journal Star
- Hair clippings being used to help clean up oil spill May 6, 2010 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Mystique: Sometimes we just need to be pampered August 2009 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Top 10 reasons to go to the spa August 13, 2009 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Support groups April 30, 2009 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Dream Home Giveaway tickets go on sale Tuesday February 28, 2009 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Inspiration fills tiny room December 17, 2008 in the Peoria Times Observer
- Pampered senses, emotional healing December 2008 in the Peoria Times Observer
- DeWayne's World - Wanted: Empathy for drivers December 2008 in the Peoria Times Observer
- Initiative encourages cancer tests October 2008 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Who, What & Where June 12, 2008 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Salon offers compassionate aid to cancer patients January 18, 2008 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Cover, Customer Service pg 45, Growth pg 68.
- Salon Today Top 200 in North America January/February 2015 : Cover, Customer Service pg 45, Growth pg 68.
- Salon Today Top 200 in North America January/February 2014: Growth pg 70
- Salon Today Top 200 in North America January/February 2013: Environmental Sustainability pg 45, Philanthropy pg 46.
- Salon Today Top 200 in North America January/February 2012: Environmental Sustainability pg 48, Philanthropy pg 51.
- 40 Leaders Under Forty, Paola Hinton November 2012 in InterBusiness Issues
- 40 Leaders Under Forty, Steve Hinton November 2012 in InterBusiness Issues
- Central Illinois Perspective: 2012 Class of 40 Leaders Under Forty! November 11, 2012 in InterBusiness Issues
- Finding a Cure for Hair Care April 2007 in Peoria Woman
- Eleven Women Who Made a Difference in 2011, Doris Symonds December 2011 in InterBusiness Issues
- Greg and Dan Show, Paola Hinton and Elizabeth Grant for Hope, Skip, Jump October 2012 on WMBD-1470
Five Senses Spa and Salon believes in giving back to the communities we serve through our donations program. As you can imagine, we receive a large number of donation requests, and therefore we have set parameters to better manage our donations budget in the following manor:
- Current Loyal Guests and Occasional Guests will be considered for a stand alone donation gift certificate.
- Casual Guests will be offer a Matching Donation option in which case we will consider matching product and/or gift certificate purchase with one of our donation gift certificates.
- Requestors that do not frequent Five Senses Spa and Salon will be encouraged to support our business before we consider any donation requests.
Please complete the form below and your request will be evaluated by one of our Donations Specialists. Any short-notice donations may not be considered. Donation gift certificates do have restrictions, can not be redeemed for cash and must be used for the services specified.
Our Facebook contests are a way to celebrate people in a fun way. We enjoy the positive response that we showcase during different times of the year - such as Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, etc.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
- The contests are sponsored by Five Senses Spa and Salon.
- By participating in the contest, each participant agrees to abide by our Facebook rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Five Senses Spa and Salon, are final in all respects.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Five Senses Spa and Salon reserves the right to change the rules at any time, and can disqualify any participant who shows negative and/or inappropriate behaviors.
- Participant must have a Facebook account to enter/comment/share/"like".
ELIGIBILITY - The contest is open to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant.
HOW TO ENTER
- Comment: Follow the instructions that Five Senses Spa and Salon posts on Facebook, by commenting within the contest thread with information pertaining to the specific contest.
- Share: Unless otherwise stated, winners are chosen by the number of likes the participant receives by an approximate time on a given day. You can encourage your friends to "like" your comment to increase your chance to win.
- Five Senses Spa and Salon's Facebook posts will state when the approximate day and time the winner will be determined/selected. All days and times are subject to change.
- When "likes" determine the winner, our screen is "refreshed" one last time, and we normally note the determination time and "likes" that the winning participant received.
- The number indicated to the right of the "thumb up" will determine the number of "likes". "Likes" that are posted within other threads that are meant for contest the thread, will not be counted.
- "Likes" received as Five Senses Spa and Salon is typing out winner information and/or after will not change the outcome of the stated winner.
- Participant may enter as many times as they wish, however will only be awarded ONE prize within one calendar year should they win more than one contest.
- The prize awarded with the contest is communicated within the post and they are subject to change at any time.
- Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for any sort of cash value or substitutions.
- The prize can be redeemed Monday, Tuesday or Wednesdays.
- The prize can only be used outside of our the time-frame leading up and after a holidays such as; New Years, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- Winner has one year from the date of winning to use the prize.
PUBLICITY - By participating, each participant grants Five Senses Spa and Salon permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration.
LEGAL UNDERSTANDING - I understand and agree that by participating in any of Five Senses Spa and Salon's drawings/contests, I am agreeing to release, indemnify and hold Five Senses Spa and Salon, its owners and employees, suppliers, vendors, harmless from any and all liability, claims or costs, including attorney's fees and court costs, associated with any drawing/contest.
We are celebrating more than our 10th anniversary! We're looking forward to moving to a brand new location too.
Our brand new, larger location will also feature a barber shop which means we have opportunities for licensed Barbers, Cosmetologists, Nail Technicians and Massage Therapsists.
If you can see yourself embracing the culture of Five Senses Spa and Salon, and would like a career with us, you can apply for a position with us in the following ways.
- Submit your application online
- Print and drop off the following application
- Email your resume to email@example.com
- Contact us at (309) 693-7719
Five Senses Spa and Salon has been voted one of the country's top 200 salons by Salon Today Magazine for 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015!
Our team consistently strives to go above and beyond our guests expectations. Five Senses Spa and Salon is always looking for positive, friendly, and professional team players in the following fields: Cosmetologists, Barbers, Nail Technicians, Massage Therapists, Estheticians, and Guest Services.
- Compensation. Our staff appreciates the consistent and competitive pay structure. We also offer a retirement plan to all of our employees!
- Always Booked. Our staff is regularly booked right from the start. We provide advertising and marketing for our staff.
- Schedule. Working two nights a week and every other weekend schedules provide a great life-balance for our team. We also offer a Gym membership re-imbursement - we care about the health and wellness of our employees!
- Service Times. Allotting ample time for appointments, and not “squeezing” people, allow our staff to perform to their fullest.
- Paid Time Off. After a year of service, our dedicated staff enjoys being rewarded with paid time off.
- Raises. Achieving, maintaining and exceeding goals gets rewarded.
- Training. Continual learning, keeps our team strong and allows to offer the latest trends to our guests.
- Aveda. Five Senses works with a top of the line product line. We also provide our employees with a product and service discount!
- Top 200 Spa and Salon Award. Our staff enjoys working alongside other service providers that have a passion for what they do.
- Professional Front Desk. Our front desk staff is the first and last impression that your guest deserves.
Your appointments are very important to all members of our team at Five Senses Spa & Salon.
Time allocated for an appointment is reserved especially for you. We do understand that sometimes schedule adjustments are necessary; therefore, we respectfully request at least 24 hours notice for adjustments to your appointments and for cancellations. All of our policies are designed to benefit our guests and provided in the best quality and tradition of excellent servicing for our established and future guests. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, we miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time. This also affects guests on our waiting list that may miss the opportunity to receive services they need.
We ask that guests give us at least 24 hours notice of cancellation or the need to reschedule an appointment, to respect staff member’s time and that of our other guests. If your appointment is booked on a national holiday or known day of celebration, for example Mother's Day, Father's Day or Valentine's Day we will require a credit card to be able to book an appointment. These are the busiest days of the year for us so we want to respect the time of our service providers and those guests who could not book an appointment due to an already full schedule. If we do not receive 24 hours notice to cancel or change the appointment, the credit card on file will be charged for the full amount of the service originally booked.
Our cancellation policy applies to the following appointments and/or guests:
- Group functions.
- Guests that have a 25% or greater cancellation or re-schedule rate.
- Guests that have a 25% or greater no-show rate.
- Appointments not given 24 hours notice to change or cancel on days such as Mother's Day, Father's Day and Valentine's Day.
If a guest's services or Five Senses Spa & Salon account fall into any of the above critera, Five Senses Spa and Salon reserves the right to obtain a valid credit card number in order to hold an appointment for that guest. All cards on file are added to the system via a secure electronic process that ensures the information is encrypted and remains secure.
In the event that we do not receive the required notice for adjustments and cancellations, the credit card on file will be charged for the schedule service in full.
If the guest has a gift certificate, we may hold the above appointments with the gift certificate(s) as long as the balance will cover the service(s) cost.
Should any guest refuse to hold their appointment with a valid credit card, he or she will only be offered services on a walk-in basis, depending on availability.