Rejuvenate your body and soul with a visit to Five Senses Spa and Salon, Peoria’s first full-service spa and salon for men and women. During your visit, you will find your five senses awakened and renewed.
Your sense of SMELL will be delighted as you are greeted with soothing aromas. The peaceful SOUND of water and soft music will set the tranquil mood as your SIGHT is mesmerized by the warm and inviting décor.
While visiting our spa and hair salon in Peoria, IL, you will enjoy the TOUCH of a neck, shoulder and scalp stress relief treatment with any of our hair services. Your spa experience will refresh your soul as water from the Vichy Shower washes over your body. All while your TASTE is being treated to a chocolate fountain.
At Five Senses Spa and Salon, you’ll find an experience that is uniquely yours. – it’s your place, your moment.
Click here to view stories about Five Senses Spa and Salon, and learn what makes our sanctuary one of the most popular hair salons and spas in Peoria, IL.
- Père Marquette Wedding Fashion Shoot April 2014 on Vimeo and YouTube
- Guest Testimonials August 2012 on YouTube
- Melissa - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2007 April 2014 on YouTube
- Crystal - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2012 April 2014 on YouTube
- Caitlin - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2012 April 2014 on YouTube
- Lauren - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2010 April 2014 on YouTube
- Danielle - Five Senses Spa and Salon Employee Since 2013 April 2014 on YouTube
- Announcing our first "Top 200 Spa and Salon in North America" award to staff December 2011 on Facebook
- Local spa makes it in the top 200 in North America January 14, 2015 on NBC WEEK-25
- Bright Side: Students collect plastic caps for Earth Day April 22, 2014 on NBC WEEK-25
- TAPS Animal Shelter December 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Breast cancer event promotes hope and strength October 26, 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Hope, Skip & Jump October 18, 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Five Senses Spa and Salon Receives National Award February 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Children Helping Children Through Hair Cuts January 6, 2012 on NBC WEEK-25
- Five Senses Gives $500 to Community Charity August 14, 2011 on NBC WEEK-25
- Local Salon Celebrates 5 Years By "Paying It Forward" August 14, 2011 on CBS WMBD-31
- Local Spa Gives Back June 21, 2011 on NBC WEEK-25
- Peoria Business Giving Back For Their Anniversary June 17, 2011 on CBS WMBD-31
- St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway Prize Winners April 11, 2011 on NBC WEEK-25
- Dream Home, Dream Spa Rewards February 17, 2011 on NBC WEEK-25
- Haircut for Hope November 9, 2010 on NBC WEEK-25
- Five Senses Collects Hair for Oil Spills April 2010 on NBC WEEK-25
- Donating Hair Can Make a Difference for Cancer Patients March 2010 on NBC WEEK-25
- Our You News Breast Cancer Survivor Recipient October 2008 on NBC WEEK-25
- Try it On For the Cure September 2008 on NBC WEEK-25
- Friday Night Breast Cancer Awareness September 2008 on NBC WEEK-25
- Buddy Check 25 July 2008 on NBC WEEK-25
- St. Jude Dream Home Winners July 2007 on NBC WEEK-25
- Area support groups let patients and survivors help each other April 30, 2011 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Teams: The secret weapon against breast cancer April 2011 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Winners in the 2011 St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway April 2011 in in the Peoria Journal Star
- Hair clippings being used to help clean up oil spill May 6, 2010 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Mystique: Sometimes we just need to be pampered August 2009 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Top 10 reasons to go to the spa August 13, 2009 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Support groups April 30, 2009 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Dream Home Giveaway tickets go on sale Tuesday February 28, 2009 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Inspiration fills tiny room December 17, 2008 in the Peoria Times Observer
- Pampered senses, emotional healing December 2008 in the Peoria Times Observer
- DeWayne's World - Wanted: Empathy for drivers December 2008 in the Peoria Times Observer
- Initiative encourages cancer tests October 2008 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Who, What & Where June 12, 2008 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Salon offers compassionate aid to cancer patients January 18, 2008 in the Peoria Journal Star
- Cover, Customer Service pg 45, Growth pg 68.
- Salon Today Top 200 in North America January/February 2015 : Cover, Customer Service pg 45, Growth pg 68.
- Salon Today Top 200 in North America January/February 2014: Growth pg 70
- Salon Today Top 200 in North America January/February 2013: Environmental Sustainability pg 45, Philanthropy pg 46.
- Salon Today Top 200 in North America January/February 2012: Environmental Sustainability pg 48, Philanthropy pg 51.
- 40 Leaders Under Forty, Paola Hinton November 2012 in InterBusiness Issues
- 40 Leaders Under Forty, Steve Hinton November 2012 in InterBusiness Issues
- Central Illinois Perspective: 2012 Class of 40 Leaders Under Forty! November 11, 2012 in InterBusiness Issues
- Finding a Cure for Hair Care April 2007 in Peoria Woman
- Eleven Women Who Made a Difference in 2011, Doris Symonds December 2011 in InterBusiness Issues
- Greg and Dan Show, Paola Hinton and Elizabeth Grant for Hope, Skip, Jump October 2012 on WMBD-1470
Five Senses Spa and Salon believes in giving back to the communities we serve through our donations program. As you can imagine, we receive a large number of donation requests, and therefore we have set parameters to better manage our donations budget in the following manor:
- Current Loyal Guests and Occasional Guests will be considered for a stand alone donation gift certificate.
- Casual Guests will be offer a Matching Donation option in which case we will consider matching product and/or gift certificate purchase with one of our donation gift certificates.
- Requestors that do not frequent Five Senses Spa and Salon will be encouraged to support our business before we consider any donation requests.
Please complete the form below and your request will be evaluated by one of our Donations Specialists. Any short-notice donations may not be considered. Donation gift certificates do have restrictions, can not be redeemed for cash and must be used for the services specified.
Our Facebook contests are a way to celebrate people in a fun way. We enjoy the positive response that we showcase during different times of the year - such as Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, etc.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
- The contests are sponsored by Five Senses Spa and Salon.
- By participating in the contest, each participant agrees to abide by our Facebook rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Five Senses Spa and Salon, are final in all respects.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Five Senses Spa and Salon reserves the right to change the rules at any time, and can disqualify any participant who shows negative and/or inappropriate behaviors.
- Participant must have a Facebook account to enter/comment/share/"like".
ELIGIBILITY - The contest is open to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant.
HOW TO ENTER
- Comment: Follow the instructions that Five Senses Spa and Salon posts on Facebook, by commenting within the contest thread with information pertaining to the specific contest.
- Share: Unless otherwise stated, winners are chosen by the number of likes the participant receives by an approximate time on a given day. You can encourage your friends to "like" your comment to increase your chance to win.
- Five Senses Spa and Salon's Facebook posts will state when the approximate day and time the winner will be determined/selected. All days and times are subject to change.
- When "likes" determine the winner, our screen is "refreshed" one last time, and we normally note the determination time and "likes" that the winning participant received.
- The number indicated to the right of the "thumb up" will determine the number of "likes". "Likes" that are posted within other threads that are meant for contest the thread, will not be counted.
- "Likes" received as Five Senses Spa and Salon is typing out winner information and/or after will not change the outcome of the stated winner.
- Participant may enter as many times as they wish, however will only be awarded ONE prize within one calendar year should they win more than one contest.
- The prize awarded with the contest is communicated within the post and they are subject to change at any time.
- Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for any sort of cash value or substitutions.
- The prize can be redeemed Monday, Tuesday or Wednesdays.
- The prize can only be used outside of our the time-frame leading up and after a holidays such as; New Years, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- Winner has one year from the date of winning to use the prize.
PUBLICITY - By participating, each participant grants Five Senses Spa and Salon permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration.
LEGAL UNDERSTANDING - I understand and agree that by participating in any of Five Senses Spa and Salon's drawings/contests, I am agreeing to release, indemnify and hold Five Senses Spa and Salon, its owners and employees, suppliers, vendors, harmless from any and all liability, claims or costs, including attorney's fees and court costs, associated with any drawing/contest.
- Compensation. Our staff appreciates the consistent and competitive pay structure.
- Always Booked. Our staff is regularly booked right from the start.
- Schedule. Working two nights a week and every other weekend schedules provide a great life-balance for our team.
- Service Times. Allotting ample time for appointments, and not “squeezing” people, allow our staff to perform to their fullest.
- Paid Time Off. After a year of service, our dedicated staff enjoys being rewarded with paid time off.
- Raises. Achieving goals gets rewarded.
- Training. Continual learning, keeps our team strong and allows to offer the latest trends to our guests.
- Aveda. Five Senses works with a top of the line product line.
- Top 200 Spa and Salon Award. Our staff enjoys working alongside other service providers that have a passion for what they do.
- Professional Front Desk. Our front desk staff is the first and last impression that your guest deserves.
The following questions will help you determine if you are ready for a change from your current work environment. The questions below are ALL things that Five Senses Spa and Salon offers. If your current employer does not offer the following, causing you to answer "no" to one or more questions -- then we would love to have the opportunity to meet with you!
- Stable Income: Do you currently have a stable/guaranteed income? (As in, if you are not booked with an appointment or a paying guest, do you still get paid?)
- Tips: Does your current pricing produce attractive gratuities? (Example: if your pricing is low, you experience lower tips).
- Bonuses: Does your employer offer bonus opportunities?
- Raises: Does your employer offer you raises without raising your prices or double booking yourself?
- Taxes: Does your employer pay for half of your required SS and Medicare taxes?
- Paid Time Off: Does your employer offer you paid time off benefits to both full time and part time employees?
- Liability Insurance: Does your employer pay for your liability insurance (excludes massage therapists)?
- Retirement Plan: Does your employer offer a retirement plan, and match your contributions?
- Training/Continuing Education: Does your employer offer and pay for any continuous education?
Work Life Balance and Tools for Success
- Consistent Hours: Do you currently have a consistent schedule? (You are not expected to work outside your schedule, or need to always make accommodations for your clients.)
- Surroundings: Does your employer offer surroundings that are suitable for your clientele, and offer you the right tools in place to do your job correctly?
- Advertising: Does your employer market or advertise for you?
- Ability to do what you love to do: Does your employer only hold you responsible for performing services only? (Does not expect you to do any of the following: ordering products/supplies, work the front desk, inventory, payroll, customer issues, etc.?)
Five Senses Spa and Salon has been voted one of the country's top 200 salons by Salon Today Magazine for 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015!
Our team consistently strives to go above and beyond our guests expectations. Five Senses Spa and Salon is always looking for positive, friendly, and professional team players who truly have a flair for customer service and satisfaction in the fields of: Hair Stylists, Nail Technicians, Massage Therapists, Estheticians, and Guest Services Specialists.
Successful applicants can take advantage of an extensive benefit package including:
- Initial and ongoing training in our techniques, unique services, and Five Senses Spa and Salon culture
- Competitive pay and incentives
- Set schedule
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off benefits to full-time and part-time employees
- Cosmetology insurance
- Product and service discount
- Products and supplies provided
- Front Desk, advertising, and marketing support
- Long standing clientele
- Friendly and fun co-workers
We set high standards for our team members and would ask you to carefully consider what we would require of you before submitting your application. As a Five Senses Team Member we would expect you to:
- Follow our standards of professionalism
- Smile and make eye contact
- Be punctual for your shift and your guests
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Treat co-workers with respect
- Be honest and dedicated in your work
- Complete necessary training and be willing to perform any service for which you are trained
- Follow company protocols and policies
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Accept a work schedule which will require working every other weekend and at least two evenings per week.
Five Senses is GROWING again. We recently completed a $50K renovation project at Five Senses (click for pictures)! We have 8 styling stations, 8 mani/pedi chairs and 5 spa rooms. This has opened up the opportunity for several positions! We are hiring for the following:
- Nail Technicians
- Massage Therapists
If you can see yourself embracing the culture of Five Senses Spa and Salon, and would like a career with us, you can apply for a position with us in the following ways.
FT & PT Cosmetology Recruitment
Five Senses is offering an opportunity to make 20% more than your current income and a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus*!
There is a unique opportunity waiting just for you at Five Senses Spa and Salon. We are looking for FT & PT professional cosmetologists,
who are interested in joining our busy salon (no clientele needed). We will show you how you can make 20% more than your current income. *We are offering a $1000 sign-on bonus to candidates with a full clientele.
Five Senses Spa and Salon is an Aveda full-service spa and salon offering hair, nail care, and spa services in a professional, high-end setting.
Two Top-10 lists of what Five Senses Spa and Salon offers.
Compensation, Schedule & Work-Life Balance
- Earn strong and stable income.
- Stylist can make $30,000+
- Senior Stylists can make $35,000+
- Master Stylists can make $45,000+
- Have the opportunity to make 20% more than your current income.
- Our environment attracts beneficial gratuities.
- Taxes are accounted for you, and Five Senses pays for half of your FICA taxes.
- FT and PT staff earns sick time, paid time off and paid vacation time.
- Holiday’s off so that you can enjoy time with your family.
- Participate in company profit sharing.
- Raises are awarded by achieving goals.
- Balance home and work with set 8-hour shifts that are consistent and guaranteed hours.
- The option to have every other weekend off.
- We offer paid training to keep skills up to date and strong.
- Our staff enjoys product and service discounts.
- Marketing and advertising efforts attract guests to Five Senses.
- Our guests and staff enjoy our comfortable and high-end surroundings.
- Appropriate service times and no double booking, allows for quality services.
- Five Senses provides products, supplies and tools for staff to provide complete services.
- Work with top of the line Aveda products.
- Our professional front desk staff helps manage appointments and make a wonderful first and last impression.
- Five Senses’ team environment allows everyone to prosper together.
- Five Senses Spa and Salon is a nationally recognized company in North America!
Click here to check out our talented team!
If you can see yourself embracing the culture of Five Senses Spa and Salon, and would like a career with us, you can apply for a position with us in the following ways.
- Submit your application online
- Print and drop off the following application
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us at (309) 693-7719